- Gordon-Levitt has high hopes for impact of 'Snowden' RYAN PEARSON - Associated Press - 5 hours ago
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Joseph Gordon-Levitt has big expectations for the impact of "Snowden." More »Gordon-Levitt has high hopes for impact of 'Snowden'
- 50 Singapore Films to be screened in Paris! InCinemas.sg - 9 hours ago
As part of the Singapapour en France - le Festival, the largest overseas showcase of Singapore’s contemporary arts and culture, 50 local films including films from the 1950s will be showcased to the French audience this June. Commemorating Singapore’s … More »50 Singapore Films to be screened in Paris!
As part of the Singapapour en France - le Festival, the largest overseas showcase of Singapore’s contemporary arts and culture, 50 local films including films from the 1950s will be showcased to the French audience this June. Commemorating Singapore’s 50th year of independence, the Singapore Film Commission and the prestigious …
- Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Selma Blair Stage ‘Cruel Intentions’ Reunion (Photos) Deborah Day - The Wrap - 10 hours ago
Actress Reese Witherspoon documented her “girls night out” with “Cruel Intentions” costars Selma Blair and Sarah Michelle Gellar on Twitter and Instagram when the actresses took in a performance of “Cruel Intentions: The Completely Unauthorized Musical … More »Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Selma Blair Stage ‘Cruel Intentions’ Reunion (Photos)
- ‘Testament of Youth’ Review: Alicia Vikander, Kit Harington Headline a Passionate Pacifist Drama Inkoo Kang - The Wrap - 14 hours ago
Pacifism is extinct as a populist political platform, replaced by the bipartisan and inoffensive talking point of “Support the Troops.” No single film will restore its influence, but the World War I-set “Testament of Youth” makes a passionate and sensible … More »‘Testament of Youth’ Review: Alicia Vikander, Kit Harington Headline a Passionate Pacifist Drama
Pacifism is extinct as a populist political platform, replaced by the bipartisan and inoffensive talking point of “Support the Troops.” No single film will restore its influence, but the World War I-set “Testament of Youth” makes a passionate and sensible case for it through devastating, melancholy, persevering drama. …
- Reynaldo Rey, ‘Friday’ Actor, Dead at 75 Deborah Day - The Wrap - 14 hours ago
Actor Reynaldo Rey, who appeared in films “Friday” and “White Men Can’t Jump,” died Thursday. The actor and comedian was 75. More »Reynaldo Rey, ‘Friday’ Actor, Dead at 75
- ‘Results’ Review: Cobie Smulders, Guy Pearce Lampoon Gym Culture Inkoo Kang - The Wrap - 14 hours ago
“Results” begins as a scattershot satire of hyper-intense trainers, but eventually gives way to an unexpectedly sweet romantic comedy. But this droll, intelligent farce is most poignant as a portrait of modern alienation that explores how money, service work and self-improvement leave individuals stranded and alone.
- 'Friday' actor-comedian Reynaldo Rey dies at 75 Associated Press - 15 hours ago
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Reynaldo Rey, the actor-comedian who appeared in such films as "Friday" and "White Men Can't Jump," has died. He was 75.
- Pixar’s ‘Inside Out’ Tracking for $60 Million Debut Todd Cunningham - The Wrap - 16 hours ago
Pixar Animation’s “Inside Out” is headed for a box-office opening of around $60 million when it debuts on June 19 for Disney, according to preliminary tracking that came online Thursday. “Jurassic World” looks like more of a monster than initially thought, based on the new numbers, which also suggest that “Dope,” an urban …
- Sony Releases First Eight Minutes of ‘Aloha’ Online to Boost Box Office (Video) Jeff Sneider - The Wrap - 18 hours ago
- IMAX Stock Surges After Company Files for IPO in China Todd Cunningham - The Wrap - 20 hours ago
IMAX Corp. shares gained $1.22 Thursday, a 3-percent gain, on news earlier in the day that the giant screen company had filed an initial public offering in Hong Kong. The driving force was the IPO announcement by its subsidiary IMAX China, a move reported as likely by TheWrap last month. The timing of the filing was likely …
- Relativity Pushes Sundance Comedy ‘The Bronze’ From July to October Jeff Sneider - The Wrap - 21 hours ago
Relativity Media has pushed its prized Sundance acquisition “The Bronze” from July to October as rumors rage about the company’s future under CEO Ryan Kavanaugh, TheWrap has learned. “The Bronze” was slated to debut in limited release on July 10 before going wide on July 31. Relativity will now give the raunchy comedy …
- Chris Pratt Teaches His Son the Pledge of Allegiance (Video) Kathy Zerbib - The Wrap - 21 hours ago
- Judge closes book on last Lindsay Lohan criminal case in LA ANTHONY McCARTNEY - Associated Press - 21 hours ago
- Review: Dwayne comes to the rescue, but he forgot the script JOCELYN NOVECK - Associated Press - 22 hours ago
It's sure been a rough year for Hollywood. First there was the stinging Sony hacking scandal. And now we have the humbling image of the Hollywood letters themselves toppling to the ground, as most of California is pulverized by an earthquake — make that earthquakes, plural — in "San Andreas."
- Review: Say goodbye, not hello, to Cameron Crowe's 'Aloha' LINDSEY BAHR - Associated Press - 22 hours ago
- Jesse Eisenberg, Kristen Stewart Star in First ‘American Ultra’ Trailer, a Stoner’s Dream Action Movie … Kathy Zerbib - The Wrap - 22 hours ago
- ‘Aloha’ Review: Bradley Cooper and Emma Stone Navigate Choppy Romantic Waters in Contrived Script Alonso Duralde - The Wrap - 23 hours ago
“Aloha” doesn’t reverse that trend, offering a script so contrived and artificial that not even the combined sparkle of Bradley Cooper, Emma Stone and the state of Hawaii itself can save it. From “Vanilla Sky” onward, unfortunately, Crowe seems to have been stricken with some form of tone-deafness that curdles quirky into …
- ‘Star Wars’ Website Reveals Identity of Andy Serkis’ Character in ‘Force Awakens’ Jeff Sneider - The Wrap - 23 hours ago
- Salma Hayek Film ‘Tale of Tales’ Acquired by IFC Joe Otterson - The Wrap - 23 hours ago
- Maren Olson Joins CAA’s Film Finance Group From Traction Media Jeff Sneider - The Wrap - 23 hours ago
1 - 4 of 100